The Harty Prize
Conditions of Entry
Online submission Click here
to submit entries for the the Harty Prize
- The prize shall be known as the "Student Essay Prize in Endodontics".
- The prize will be awarded by the Council of the British Endodontic Society on the recommendation of the examiners. The Council reserves the right to withhold the prize if the standard of the essays submitted is not of sufficient merit.
The value of the prize shall be £1000. There are also six runner-up prizes of a year's free membership to the Society.
- The prize will be open to any undergraduate dental student in a dental school within the United Kingdom or a dental graduate from one of these schools who has been on the Dentist's Register for no more than one year on 30th June in each year of application. All essays, apart from that of the winner, will be returned to the writers. Only the name of the prize winner will be published.
- The essay must be written in English and shall not exceed 3000 words. It must be typed in double spacing and suitable for electronic submission. Pages must be preceded by a title page. One copy of the essay shall be submitted.
- Each entry must be written under a pseudonym and submitted electronically. Click on the box above and follow the instructions.
- The examiners, whose decision will be final, are appointed by the Council of the British Endodontic Society.
- The British Endodontic Society shall have the right to publish any essay submitted in part or full in the International Endodontic Journal.
- The closing date will be 1st February in each year of application.
- Essays will be judged on content, style and presentation.
- The student who submits the winning essay will be invited to a BES national meeting for the presentation of the prize. Registration, accommodation and travel costs will be paid.
- Title for 2016/17: 'Dental resorption in permanent teeth is a problem often encountered in practice.
Classify the different types of resorption you might see, and discuss their aetiology, management and prognosis.'
Mr Alyn Morgan
Assistant Honorary Secretary
Avondale Dental Practice
54 Bradford Road