Submissions are open. The deadline is 01 February 2019.ENTER ONLINE
Conditions of entry
- The prize shall be known as the "Student Essay Prize in Endodontics".
- The prize will be awarded by the Council of the British Endodontic Society on the recommendation of the examiners. The Council reserves the right to withhold the prize if the standard of the essays submitted is not of sufficient merit.
The value of the prize shall be £1000. There are also six runner-up awards of a year's free membership to the Society.
- The prize will be open to any undergraduate dental student in a dental school within the United Kingdom or a dental graduate from one of these schools who has been on the Dentist's Register for no more than one year on 30th June in each year of application. All essays, apart from that of the winner, will be returned to the writers. Only the name of the prize winner will be published.
- The essay must be written in English and shall not exceed 3000 words. It must be typed in double spacing and suitable for electronic submission. Pages must be preceded by a title page. One copy of the essay shall be submitted.
- Each entry must be written under a pseudonym and submitted electronically. Click on the box above and follow the instructions.
- The examiners, whose decision will be final, are appointed by the Council of the British Endodontic Society.
- The British Endodontic Society shall have the right to publish any essay submitted in part or full in the International Endodontic Journal.
- The closing date will be 1st February in each year of application.
- Essays will be judged on content, style and presentation.
- The student who submits the winning essay will be invited to a BES national meeting for the presentation of the prize. Registration, accommodation and travel costs will be paid.
- Title for The Harty prize 2018-2019: ‘Discuss the role of procedures designed to maintain pulp vitality, highlighting the process of decision-making when choosing the mode of treatment as well as the possible consequences of using such measures.‘.
Chief Operations Officer